– You’re the ONLY one that’s high-fiving the mirror when your quads are too big for those skinny jeans.
– Cardio? What’s that again?
– Everything is growing…including your belly.
– You’re looking forward to the days where you can actually Instagram photos of your abs.
– You spend a good amount of time looking at photos of yourself when you were lean.
-When everyone else dreams of seeing the scale go down, you panic if you lose a pound.
– You feel like Superman in the gym, but a hibernating bear everywhere else.
-Shirts that you wore 6 months ago have started looking like belly shirts.
– Any daily meal has the same macronutrient content as your last contest prep cheat meal.
– After 8 hours of sleep and breakfast, you’re ready for a nap.
– You miss the days of being hungry.
-It takes you an hour to eat an entire meal.
-If you can’t wear sweatpants or leggings, you’re not going.
– When you sit and calculate how many pounds of chicken you eat a year, you get genuinely scared.
– You just ripped your last pair of jeans.
-You spend double the amount on groceries when compared to pre-contest.
-All the butchers at all the local grocery stores know you by your first name AND your order.
-The butcher has stopped asking your if you’re thorwing a party when you’re ordering meat.
-You eat so much protein that…
– You need to drink an extraordinary amount of pre workout, just to wake up.
It’s easy to lose focus and concentration during the off season, because you feel so far out from competiting. But the reality is that the harder you work in the off season, the more progress you make, even if you can’t see it right away. Change takes time and its important to trust the process!
-Cyrus & Sumeet
16 weeks out!
Follow Sumeet on Instagram: SKSAHNI