It’s ALL about the glutes when it comes to bikini competitors.
Currently, I am training glutes 3x a week. The breakdown looks like this:
Day 1: High Rep (15+ reps)
Day 2: Supersets and Plyos
Day 3: Medium Rep (8-10 reps)
TIPS WHEN TRAINING GLUTES:
- Always drive through your heel(s)
- Slow negatives and hard, explosive glute flexes on each rep
- Squeeze those cheeks as HARD as you can!
- Go deep on the eccentric part of the movement
- Your glutes can handle a ton of weight, so lift heavy!
My training is consistently changing and I never do the same workout twice. Here is a video of my third set of every exercise from last nights high rep glute day.
High Rep Glute Workout:
HIP THRUSTS- 3 x 15 full range slow negatives +5 pulses +10 second hold
SINGLE LEG LEG PRESS- 3×15
STIFF LEGGED DEADLIFTS- 3×15 + 5 pulses
HYPEREXTENSIONS- 3 x drop set 10 + 10 + 10
ABDUCTION- 1×50 drop set
Try this workout, your glutes will thank you 🙂